Sunday, September 16, 2018

On Record At The Hospital Patient Relations Office

All of the recent issues around procuring proper medical care has become very stressful for me .  So, on Friday morning I told myself that I must not procrastinate on addressing the issues .  I was starting to formulate a letter in my head when I changed my focus to determining who I was going to send it to .  I decided to call the Hospital operator and ask what department would be appropriate for me to discuss some concerns regarding medical care .  I am having a terrible time using the word - - -Complaint .  You know, like Complaint Department .  Perhaps that is because most of my life I  didn't feel that I had the right to complain - childhood stuff .  But that was then and this is now .

The operator transferred my call to the department of the MD that oversees the Medical Staff Doctors .  The person that answered said she would be happy to hear what I had to say and that the M.D would call me following the weekend .  Much to my delight she was exceptionally kind, patient and interested in everything I wanted to discuss .  She thanked me for contacting them .  I felt such relief . She even mentioned that a new Doctor (Internal Medicine Board Certified) had been working on contract and was going to be hired by the hospital as a full time physician .  She added that he has been getting great reviews from the patients.  I asked her a lot of questions about him especially because he is retirement age.  She said he had a large medical practice in San Jose, California and with the current economics of  that area he sold his practice and at his age he prefers to work as a salaried physician for a hospital.  I was very enthused about the possibility of finding a new primary care physician .  The fact that I was not going to have to write a letter was an added bonus .

About 3 hours later at 4 PM the hospital called and it was another person calling to ask me a few more questions .  She had the notes from the previous phone call .  She also was very kind, interested and supportive .  I was advised that the information would be reviewed by the supervising M.D and I would be contacted.  I mentioned the new doctor who was coming on staff and we discussed  who he was.  She said she would be happy to call and connect me with the scheduler to make a new patient appointment.  I have an appointment for October 25.

Between phone call with the hospital I did a google search on the new Doctor and I was very pleased with what I read .  To my surprise, his long tenure in San Jose, California was in the same Internal Medicine Office where I was a patient for years before moving here .  Additionally, I worked as a Nurse and lived in that area and I am very familiar with the medical community .  What an interesting "turn of events" .  I look forward to the next chapter in this important aspect of my life .

Let me leave you with some photos that I took this morning of what I like to call my waterfall White Clematis .  It thrills me, as it does every year at this time .  This is from the outside of my fence .


I was not able to get a photo of inside my garden because of the direction of the sun !

I hope you are having a Wonderful Weekend.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your “waterfall” clematis!! We have a lovely lavender one, but it has taken several years to get established. Initially, I had mistakenly thought you were supposed to cut it back every year judging by how brown and dead the vines looked. How wrong I was!! I’ve since read up on the proper care of Clematis, and it’s been coming along nicely ever since. I do wish you the best of luck in securing a PCP who really cares for you with concern, dignity and respect! These days it’s hard to find professionally sound, trustworthy people.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009