Saturday, September 29, 2018

Some Weeks Are Just Tough

And, this past week was one of those weeks .     Not one specific thing ,  just life .
But, to give you a little glimpse .  It started last Saturday evening .  The power went off about 7:30 following the sound of a large BOOM .  As it was starting to get dark, I decided to light my Aladdin kerosene lamp .  Usually super easy but not this time .  About the time I finally got it all sorted out, the power went back on but not the cable TV, computer, phone , etc.  After trying to reset the router more than once I decided to forget about any activity that involved anything to do with cable/electronics.  I figured it would be working by morning and it was.

Instead , I decided I would lay on the sofa and read a book I had just gotten .  I opened the window behind the sofa to enjoy the slight evening breeze .  I am just starting to figure out who some of the characters are in the storyline when I noticed a strong pungent (and I mean VERY pungent) unpleasant smell .
IT WAS A SKUNK !  After closing the window I continued to try and read but the horrific odor was so disturbing that I decided to take half a sleeping medication (which I frequently do because of back pain) and went to bed early !

The week was filled with issues I did not want to deal with that caused an unhealthy level of stress .

But wait , hang on , I had a very nice Birthday lunch with a great lady !  There always is a blessing some where !

That's all Folks.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, Mary! I'm so sorry to hear it was a tough week for you. :( When the electricity goes out, it's so much more disturbing now that we have all this technology, gizmos and gadgets! And as for the smell of the skunk - I can totally relate. My husband pokes fun at me a little because I have a SUPER SENSITIVE nose, and the smell of a skunk just puts me over the edge!! He says he sure is glad smells don't bother him the way they do me. Lol! If I could change it, I sure would. Praying the upcoming week is peaceful, relaxing and stress free for you! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope with week will be a better one for you dear friend Mary. I also hate it when the power goes out. Just resetting all of the clocks can put one over the edge of sanity. I am pleased you had a birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009