Monday, September 3, 2018

What Is Your Cat TAILING You

A Guide To Cat Tail Language
As you know, my cat is DEAF .  By instinct they sometimes learn to communicate with us in varied or more exaggerated ways different than a hearing cat .  So, I am always looking for information that will assist me in being the best Cat MaMa I can be!

THE POSITION OF YOUR CAT'S TAIL CAN TELL YOU A LOT.

IF YOUR  CAT'S TAIL IS - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

UPRIGHT - - - CONTENT

UP AT A 45-DEGREE ANGLE  - - - UNSURE

ANGLED BACK AND MOVING BACK AND FORTH - - - GOOD EXCITED or FEARFUL EXCITED   (The ears and eyes can help determine which.)

UPRIGHT, MOVING BACK AND FORTH SLIGHTLY - - - HAPPY

UPRIGHT, TIP BENT - - - FRIENDLY

STRAIGHT, ALMOST LEVEL WITH THE SPINE - - - UNEASY - NOT NECESSARILY AFRAID

HANGING DOWN, WITH A DIP NEAR THE BASE - - - AGGRESSIVE

QUICKLY SWISHING BACK AND FORTH - - - ANGRY

PUFFED - - - FRIGHTENED

DOWN AT A 90-DEGREE ANGLE - - - ATTACK MODE

TUCKED BETWEEN THE LEGS - - - SCARED, POSSIBLY EXPERIENCING PAIN

SITTING UPRIGHT, TAIL TIP IS MOVING - - - ALERT, INTERESTED

Obviously, this is not an exact science.  But, interesting, nonetheless.
Ivy says " I never will tell my secrets".   "Life is good just the way it is."

I am so pleased and thankful with the joy that Ivy has brought to my life since she came to live with me in March of this year .  I think she is happy with the love and pampering she will always receive from me .  I love picking her up because she never resists which is interesting since she has issues with too much closeness.  She feels like a big soft fluffy marshmallow when I pick her up to cuddle !  It feels like a win-win situation to me !

Mary 

3 comments:

  1. That was interesting to read how to tell what a cat is thinking from how it's holding it's tail. Your girls is very beautiful! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats are so interesting aren't they? I just love them and miss having one. But, late in life it appears I have become allergic to them which is so sad. I love it when you pick up a cat and she starts purring. It is like cuddling a soft, furry little motorboat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I absolutely love how pretty Ivy is, a d it tickles my heart to know you both are growing in love and trust in one another more and more as the weeks and months go by! I’m so happy she hopped up next to you on the couch, and contented herself by your side. How sweet! Have a wonderful day, my friend! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009