Friday, October 4, 2019

What A Wonderful Day In The Neighborhood

It is perfect for some outdoor gardening and outdoor maintenance.  I think there is a time during life when you start working on a task and find yourself easily distracted and then realize you have abandoned your original task .  That is what happened to me today.  I have found myself in the middle of a rather large project of cleaning out the entire Garden Shed !  Of course it needs it . Long over due .  It is amazing how much you can get into a little shed !
It was in 2006 (where does the time go) that I had this little 6 foot by 9 foot shed built on a concrete foundation.  It never was intended to be a modern day "She Shed" !!  My life was just to busy and dealing with my physical limitations from back troubles I needed it for "my garden stuff".  And let me tell you, it is not a very pretty site with everything I have pulled out of there sitting in front of it .  Not so sure this is something I can finish today .  But the weather is great and the weekend is forecast to be lovely .
The garden is definitely looking like a "Fall Garden" and I love the beautiful oranges and reds that are showering the garden environment .

And, the colorful Gerbera Daisies and Nasturtiums are continuing to delight .







And, this is for dinner tonight .  I prepared a knock-off recipe of Wendy's restaurant CHILI . It is very good .
Hope your weekend is moving along nicely .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with the shed reorganization. Steve did that in the garage cabinets a few years ago and it made such a difference. We are trying really hard to keep it tidy! I have 2 Gerber daisies, both in pots, that are doing really well this year. And I still cannot grow nasturtiums to save my life. Nothing but leaves, aphids and white fly.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009