Friday, October 18, 2019

A Difficult And Hopeful Week

The week has been filled with getting up early , driving more miles than usual , visiting several medical facilities, undergoing  medical procedures new to me, and discussing my medical situation with numerous health care professionals .  And, I am very tired .

These procedures have been completed to determine the cause of splenomegaly (enlarged spleen) .

* CT Scan of Abdomen/Pelvis
* Xray Small Bowel Series with Barium Follow-through
* Ultrasound of Liver
* Ultrasound of Abdomen
*  PET Scan Skull to Thigh
* Many , many Laboratory Tests

So far , following the appointment with the oncologist , my world looks pretty good !  He reviewed with me the results of the voluminous numbers of the lab tests and the ultrasounds .  The PET scan had not been completed yet .  However ,  he was very optimist about the lack of any significant findings indicating any form of cancer !  For the sake of all inclusive diagnostics the PET scan was completed and the ColoGuard will be mailed back for interpretation .

Note of significance - - - the first test (CT Scan of abdomen) showed  "multiple small hydrodense foci" of the spleen .  None of the following tests have demonstrated any foci .

My next and hopefully my last appointment with the oncologist is scheduled for October 28 .
On Monday when I entered the third floor of the Cancer Pavilion I noticed this lovely Art Sculpture of White Origami Cranes !  It was so Stunning and Peaceful .  It was placed beside the door leading to the exam rooms .  I do not remember seeing it two weeks prior when I was there .  I think it is new and there wasn't any plaque indicating title, date and/or artist .
White Origami Crane Art Sculpture
I am blessed to have received excellent care at the new Cancer Pavilion .
My symptoms have subsided other than my lack of appetite . And, my weight is at 121 pounds .  If I receive a clean bill of health perhaps I will "go out to eat" more . And , I don't think it will take long to add a few pounds .  What fun that can be ?

Sending Good Thoughts to All Of You .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am praying that all the rest of the test results confirm good news. Keep us posted dear friend Mary. The origami art is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009