Monday, September 30, 2019

The Squeaky Wheel Gets - - -

The Oil or sometimes gets Replaced !   Remember, we have become a "Throw Away Society". 😞

As I have persisted in my search to find some answers to some persistent  health issues I think I finally am getting what I would have expected from a Competent Medical System a couple years ago when I started this inquiry .  Today I received a comprehensive medical review from an Oncologist .  It was a different M.D. than who I expected to see .  This doctor is on a temporary assignment to assist staffing at our local hospital.  In my opinion, he is a very straight forward, very knowledgeable , well seasoned (age 67), Hematologist, Oncologist, Internal Medicine Physician from San Francisco/Berkeley area .  His reviews on the internet are quite a rigid dichotomy of "love" (5 score) or "hate" (1 score) and nothing in between .  The consultation dialog went smoothly and then he stated that he would be ordering a LOT OF TESTS !  And, that was music to my ears .  That is what I have wanted !!!   He ordered many lab tests, ultrasound of Abdomen and ultrasound of Liver as well as a PET scan . Oh, and also Colo-guard (you know - the TV commercial) .

All the recent doctors I have seen have asked more than once if I have been a problem alcohol drinker or hepatitis patient .  And, I am not!!!  It seems that the Liver is an organ of concern . And, the Enlarged Spleen is secondary to a diagnosis to be determined .  The doctor stated "We are looking for lymphoma" and I knew that.  There is that C-word again!  However , there is concern of a possible diagnosis of what is called Portal Hypertension which is also a serious issue .  There is so much more info, but this gives a little idea of what is going on .

The When I say many lab tests - - they took 14 vials of blood ! Yes, 14 Vials !!  Good thing I have nice veins !  The Phlebotomist was grateful .  When I returned home there already was a message from the Radiologist office.  Ultrasounds and the PET Scan are scheduled for next  week and the return MD appointment is two weeks from today for review of tests and discussion .

I am feeling very optimistic about my future . Having said that,  I am a realist and have had a lot of time to ponder what decision I would make if I was presented with life saving options .  And, my decision remains the same .  I am 80 years old without any family involvement and really no support system and I see no reason to consider chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy .  Why would I consider subjecting myself to such a catastrophic portentous experience ?  I have lived a long life and I have arrived at a place of feeling Daily Gratitude and Happiness and Living each day to the fullest . And, I plan to go out that way . God Willing .

Love One Another . Life Is Precious .  Until next time .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will not be long now until you have some answers and a path forward. Keep us posted! Give Miss Ivy a gentle pat and hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary,
    Just discovered your blog. I hope this new doctor will be able to help you, he sounds just what you need!
    Hugs to you and Miss Ivy,
    Barbara, Tom and Missy too (our rescue cats).
    xx 😊

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009