Friday, October 25, 2019

Power On - - - Power Off - - - And Repeat

The citizenry of the California Red Flag territory are NOT a happy bunch of people !
A THIRD Power Outage is projected for this weekend extending into Monday due to anticipated high winds in California north-west of where I live .  The many , many , many fires throughout California are truly a disastrous reality !  This is not fun for anyone and unfortunately this seems to be a new normal for this time of year with all the the unresolved issues surrounding these disasters .

This afternoon , my generator is scheduled for delivery and an electrician is scheduled to come out next Wednesday to assess and provide an estimate for installing a Transfer Switch and everything necessary for me to have limited access to power for refrigeration of food and whatever other priorities I have with the new six electrical circuits provided with the generator .

I am very concerned about my appointment with the Oncologist that is scheduled for Monday afternoon .  It is a thirty minute drive south-east of here .  I sure hope I can go and get the final report .  I don't know if they will have power or if I will have power .

One of my neighbors has a new generator and has been using it in a very limited capacity prior to full installation .

It is difficult to explain how disruptive and stressful all of this is for me when I am so much better off then thousands of people throughout the state .  Until you have been totally cut off from any type of communication with your world it is a reality you never want to experience ! The constant unknown of when , how long and being alone compounds the entire situation .
Throughout all of this, be assured that I have not lost sight of how fortunate and blessed I am to have the life I have !

The Very Best Wishes To Everyone .

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009