Sunday, October 20, 2019

Gardeners Can Get Sooooo Excited

And , this gardener is really excited about seeing buds on her Moon Flower vine !
Never have I planted Moon Flower seeds in the past .  I think I planted these seeds in August and I have been attentively watching for signs of buds following the growth of healthy long vines that seemed to be reaching for the sky on the Moon Flowers .
 
And, now I get to "wait and see" what is to come next .
Yes, just one fig from the fig tree this year , as I had expected following the severe pruning I did last year.  But , I don't understand why there was just one , not two , three or four , but just ONE!  What kind of a message was I suppose to get from that ?
It was my plan to have a smaller tree because it was  growing to a size that was too large for the area where I planted it and casting to much shade in the White Garden.  And, look what I have now !  IT IS HUGE .  It may be that it received more water this year when I faithfully hand watered my gardens .
I think the phase  "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry" is very fitting for this situation.

The Fig Tree leaves are starting to turn yellow and are beginning to fall along with the leaves from lots of the other trees .  And, may I say the "dreaded pine needles" that have come down with the recent California fall winds are blanketing the flower beds, driveway and patio .  I have already started RAKING LEAVES and have a few barrels ready to go to the Yard Waste facility . I guess the time I have spent watering the garden in the warmer weather will now be spent raking leaves !  And, that will be fine because I love being outdoors BUT I am feeling very tired .
I have got to get my energy level back up .  After the current medical issues are resolved I am seriously considering to start the use of CBD Cannabidiol Hemp oil .  Maybe it would help with the chronic back pain also .  I have been reading a lot of opinions on the blogs of personal experiences in the use of it .  Lots and lots of information is now available . And, I guess I will also discuss it with my doctor . Their attitude seems to be "try it and see if it helps".  I'll let you know how this rolls out ! And, do any of you have any thoughts you would like to share with me on this subject .  I would appreciate hearing .  My email is everydaydelight09@gmail.com .

Until Next Time .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to some pictures of the moonflower blossoms! While we have no real trees in our small yard-the neighbors on the south side have several trees that are dropping leaves into my front courtyard like crazy right now. I admit I am naughty and do put a few of them back over the fence, but the vast majority go into the green waste can. I have no advice on CBD except that I know some folks who swear by it. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009