Friday, November 4, 2016

Easy-Does-It Recipe

This Crockpot SPAGHETTI recipe came to my attention several years ago when a friend prepared it for me. This is the first time I have made this recipe.  I believe the recipe originally came from a Crockpot Recipe Book. I was surprised that the dry pasta was put into the crockpot. It is truly an easy recipe and I really liked the flavor. It will serve 8 very easily.


EASY-DOES-IT SPAGHETTI

2 lbs. ground chuck, browned and drained
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-15-oz. cans tomato sauce
2-3 tsp. Italian seasoning (or substitute with basil, thyme, oregano
                                          and margoram)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 4-oz. cans sliced mushrooms, drained
6 cups tomato juice (do not substitute)
16 -oz. dry spaghetti, broken into 4-5 inch pieces
Parmesan cheese (grated)

Combine all ingredients except spaghetti and cheese in 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker.

Cover, Cook on Low 6-8 hours, or High 3-5 hours. Turn to High during last 3;0 minutes and stir in dry spaghetti. If spaghetti is not fully cooked, continue cooking another 10 minutes, check it to make sure it is not becoming over-cooked.

Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese.

NOTES:
For a little variation, add 1 tsp. dry mustard and 1/2 tsp allspice in Step 1. I ADDED THE MUSTARD AND ALLSPICE! 

I don't usually use canned mushrooms. However, it was fine (and easy) for this recipe.

DO NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR THE TOMATO JUICE. It gives a nice flavor and the liquid is needed to cook the dry spaghetti.


If you make this recipe, and I hope you will, let me know how you like it and any suggestions or comments.


How do you like my new colored measuring spoons? I like the colors and there are 2 additional sizes (1/2 Tbsp and 2 Tbsp) that are handy. I mixed the different spices for the Italian seasoning.

It is a great time of the year to use Crockpots. And during these busy holidays this is a nice easy recipe to ease the pressures of hectic schedules.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. A comment which is better late than never as they say! I am going to try this recipe as soon as I go shopping for the necessary ingredients. Steve was just asking the other day why I never make spaghetti. And now I have a perfect recipe to try. I use my crock pot every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, that's great. I hope you and Steve will like it. Blessings.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009