Monday, November 28, 2016

A Dream Came True

This past Tuesday my Granddaughter phoned to say that their Thanksgiving plans to go out of town were canceled due to illness of the host. Then she asked if she could come and pick me up on Wednesday and spend Thanksgiving with them and then she would drive me back home on Friday. I do not know if I can put it in words how thrilled and grateful I felt. I was so excited!


In the process of getting a few things together to take I decided to prepare some Chicken Honey Lime Enchiladas that we could have for dinner Wednesday evening. I had grocery shopped the day before.

I did not get a photo of the finished dish but it looked very nice with the browned melted cheese on top. I also baked some 7 Layer Bars that seem to be popular on the blogs lately. Yummy!

I did not take many photos but after our great Thanksgiving dinner I had to take a photo of this sweetie helping mommy to load the dishwasher. This was the first time I was able to meet this little gal. She and her brother are so much fun and sweetness. They were always busy, busy and busy. There wasn't a quiet moment unless they were sleeping!

Mommy and Daddy are constantly teaching such things as please and thank you which I think is so important but it sure takes a lot of effort. And the little ones have a zillion questions. They truly have great parents. Thankfully. 

The Great Grands are the same age difference as my boy and girl were. But they sure seem to be more advanced because of all the technology. It is certainly a different time ! ! !


And Friday she brought me home, two hours-plus drive each way. So much driving but she was so happy to do it. Little Carter kept us company riding in the back seat on all four trips. He was such a good boy. And, I had such a wonderful time. And, I felt very loved!

Upon getting home I was greeted by my Holiday Cactus putting on a beautiful show of lots of different color.


I hope all of you had a Great Thanksgiving. We have had a rainy weekend which is lovely.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to open your blog this morning to read that you were able to spend time with your grandchildren and great grandchildren. I was thrilled for you! So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, how wonderful!!!!! I'm sure your Thanksgiving was filled with many smiles and laughter. How kind and thoughtful of your granddaughter to pick you up and bring you home! It sure did make for a holiday of wonderful moments that are now sweet memories for you treasure throughout the days and weeks to come. Yes, young children seem so much more advanced these days, and I think it's safe to say they probably will far surpass us in their knowledge of using all these gizmos and gadgets, too! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009