Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Operation Christmas Child

My Granddaughter is the most wonderful mama. Just a little Grandma bragging - she is only 24 years old and has her BS degree and two precious little ones.

She took the children (my Great Grandchildren) to the workshop in their area to pack Operation Christmas Shoeboxes. And, they had a great time!


The comment she wrote  was - One of the greatest things we can do for our children is to teach them to be selfless. 
This fine boy is certainly growing up fast. He just finished his first season of playing soccer!

For more 40 years Samaritan’s Purse, an international nondenominational organization, has embraced the story of the Good Samaritan and reached out to children in need around the globe with its Operation Christmas Child program.

Often referred to as Operation Christmas Shoebox, the program sends the holiday boxes filled with stuffed toys, school supplies, crafts and toiletries, to children of need around the world.


Once packed, boxes are collected nationwide and shipped to more 100 countries and 12 million children, where they are distributed by local pastors. Some pastors use the opportunity to reach out to orphanages and other areas where children are at risk
OperationChristmasChild Website Maybe next year if not this year.

Are you Holiday shopping?

Take care.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Mary,thanks for coming by to visit my blog. I love this post. It is the one thing I wished I had done more of in raising my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an sweet child! I love his little plaid shirt! Your granddaughter is a wonderful parent to make sure her family believes in helping others. The program sounds like a wonderful operation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet. And my oh my isnt he a cutie! My church does the shoe box ministries each year. Its a really fun project for kids and adults too. Its a simple way to share the love and put excitement on a childs face. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009