Thursday, March 1, 2018

I've Been Thinking About Getting A Roommate

FIRST AN UPDATE ON MY FRIEND.  SHE TELEPHONED FROM THE HOSPITAL AND IS DOING WELL AND HER PSYCHE IS GOOD.  WILL BE MOVED TO REHAB HOSPITAL TODAY.  HOPEFULLY, HER GENERAL HEALTH WILL BE IMPROVED NOW THAT THE POISONOUS SUBSTANCE IS REMOVED.

You know too much thinking can get a gal in trouble !        Hopefully, not too much trouble !  Well, anyway, In a few days it will be two years since my loving Lily ventured to the Rainbow Bridge.
I have missed her so very much.
Dogs and Cats come into our lives leave paw prints and our lives are forever changed.
Some of my fur babies waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for me!
Lily and Puff.

For many months I have thought about the possibility of having another heart beat (not a two legged one, but four legged) in my home again to share my life.  A dog would be great but I don't think I can regularly take her for walks because of my chronic pain. So I started looking for cats.  Like any google search, you can and I usually do, spend many hours "researching".  The more I read the more I learn about what criteria would be best for my situation.  I have started down this avenue with an open mind and I have come up with thoughts for a direction that I never expected. Throughout the years I have had many Tabby Domestic  Cats, sometimes, Rescue.  And, they have been wonderful.  My last precious cat was Puff - in the photo above.

With all the research I have been doing abouts cats,  I have become interested in Siamese cats.  And, that has surprised me. 

I never have been much interested in Siamese cats, never been around them very much and they always seemed quite distant and their meow was rather annoying.  But, as I said, I am learning a lot.  I did not know that there are so many different characteristics to choose from in Siamese Cats. 
And, then I came upon  Blue Ivy.           She is a 6 1/2 year old Lynx Point Siamese and currently living in a foster home and is from Purebred Plus Rescue .

Let me quote some of her bio from the website.  She has stunning blue eyes and soft grey suede ears.  Her paws have black soled white boots. She has a plush tail that is white on the back and black racoon ringed on the front. Her fur coat ranges in color from smokey cream to milky tea and faint lilac.

Blue Ivy is looking for a home where she will be an only pet.  She likes a quiet environment and does not want to be left alone for excessive amounts of time. She has a sweet little chirp - not a annoying yowl and loves to be brushed. Very playful and loves cat nip!

In my search, I found other cats that I liked but it is a challenge matching their characteristics, health and personality to the type of home available.  It seems there were only a few that wanted to be a single pet in a home.  And poor Blue Ivy had her early years in a very chaotic home and when her parents brought home two human baby twins, Blue Ivy said "I have had enough - let me out of here! Give me peace and quiet!"

One of my other favorites was Muffy.  She is called a Snowshoe Siamese which I really like.  Her human mama had passed away.  And, she was in a foster home not far from where I live.  Sadly for me, she was adopted very quickly by someone else.
And, there was a while that I thought about a Main Coon, Persian, Ragdoll, Himalayan or Turkish Angora.   But, oh my , way to much fur and hours of brushing required.
I spent many hours looking at Rescue sites and local Human Societies but so many animals had very little background information or special needs and at this stage of my life journey, I did not feel that would be a good match.  The facility that Blue Ivy comes from houses all their rescue cats in foster homes.  They have a very thorough application process along with reference checking.
I have been approved to become the mama for Blue Ivy.  But, it will be a little while before I can pick her up because the distance is about three hours drive from my home and the weather has not been very conducive for me to travel that far.  Another storm with snow is in the imminent future. 
Blue Ivy, I'll be coming soon!

I am so happy to be able to have Blue Ivy and I am grateful that some small changes in my financial situation will permit me to have and properly care for her.

JUST A LITTLE ANNOYANCE!  I had to rewrite most of this post because of  (yes that annoying SAVE button).  For me, it is never easy to redo a post.  It just doesn't seem to be as satisfying as the original. 

I hope your week is going well and your weather is tolerable.  

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I am THRILLED, THRILLED, THRILLED for you, dear Mary!! Blue Ivy is a gorgeous girl and sounds like the perfect fit for you!!! Oh my gosh, I can’t wait to see your very own picture posts of her once you’re able to pick her up! I’ll be praying that the weather cooperates very soon for you! You sure did get a lot of snow for someplace that rarely ever does. I just can’t get over the weather these days. Im so very glad your leg pain is gone and you’re feeling so much better in many ways. It takes a lot of mental and emotional strength to deal with all that you have, and I’m so impressed with your determination to push through it all to a healthier, happier place in your life!! Also, it was good to hear that your friend is doing much better after the need for such an unfortunate surgery. Cannot wait for you to finally be able to hold and cuddle your very own fur baby soon!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009