Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love Sent My Way

I had just set up a little valentine decorations on Monday morning when I received this beautiful heart/box at my door. I was so very surprised to see a package because I had not ordered anything lately that might be delivered. It was very exciting for me especially since my life is so quiet and uneventful since so many of my loved ones and friends have left and passed on. Another church friend (age 92) passed this past Sunday. She was in church and read the liturgy which she often did. And, in the afternoon she went to a Super Bowl party at the Club House where she lived and became weak and was taken to the hospital. And, passed during the night. A life fully lived! Wonderful!

I could hardly get the package opened fast enough to see who it was from. The label was signed "2 Who Love You". How sweet was that?
It was from my loving friends in New York! That is my high school friends that I have been in regular contact for the last few years after she was able to locate me. There had been a lapse of about 45 years time. I have been so happy that she looked and found me.  I was able to meet up with them the last time My Special Man and I took a family reunion trip to Michigan. We met half way between New York and Michigan in Canada and spent two days enjoying every minute we had together in a very nice hotel. It was a very very special event for me and has given me beautiful memories of  dear friends that I shared time with in the sunrise and now the sunset of my life.

The gift boxes are filled with valentine candies/cookies and lovely pears. The items that I have eaten were great. The pears have to ripen a little more. Look how pretty all of it looks.
It was such a loving thoughtful gift and so appreciated. I haven't had a gift/package to open in a couple years. I could never anticipate my life would be what it is today especially in regard to my adult children.

My friends from New York will be moving to an Assisted Living Facility next month. They both need a little extra help to enjoy their life. I am happy that it looks like it is going to work out just fine. I have to "take care of business" and finish up some paperwork that I have been procrastinating about because I am having difficulty making decisions.

The past three days have given us great weather which I am grateful. I did a little in the kitchen today. I made Crock-pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder from a recipe on one of the blogs. It is delicious! And, easy - of course!

All the ingredients are mixed together except the chicken breasts. The chicken is placed on the bottom with the soup ingredients on top. When is is cooked the chicken is taken out and shredded or cubed and mixed together. It is very creamy especially since I had some cream left over from the Chicken Tarragon that I made a couple days ago. I used what I had on hand which meant I changed some of the ingredients. Isn't that what soups/chowders are all about? More single serves for the freezer.

Thanks for sharing my happiness with me.

Love - Love - Love - Love - Love.

Mary

5 comments:

  1. SO NICE when we know we are thought of and loved by someone who cares enough to show it! Enjoy your lovely gifts, and that creamy chicken corn chowder!! Enjoy a lovely Valentines Day with Lily, that precious little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness. Happy Valentines to you and yours. Lily is not quite as good but she varies from day to day.

      Delete
  2. I know those friends love you. How thoughtful!! Hope you have a great Valentines Day with your little Lily. Your Chowder looks soooooo good!!!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day to you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And, Happy Valentines to you and Steve. I think of you and your son everyday and send a prayer for protection. Blessings to Special people.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009