Friday, August 31, 2018

Black Petunias And A Little More

The Black Petunias are still blooming after a little cutting back of the spent flowers . They must like the location and the soil because they have bloomed continually since I planted them the middle of May.  They almost look like velvet .  It has been a long time since I have been this enthused about a plant. The first two photos were taken today.


And, this next photo was taken in May 2018.

The Yellow Calibrachoa (Million Bells) make a nice accompaniment and contrast with the Black flowers .  I did not realize that Calibrachoas are related to Petunias.  Thus the same growing  requisite which explains why they enjoy living next to each other .  Calibrachoa (any color or mixed)  have been a favorite of mine, especially in a hanging basket !

And, this is the "Little More".     Look - Look - Look .
 The Figs are starting to ripen!
 And, there are a lot.
And, a lot of them are up very high.

The weather is changing and the garden is beginning to respond to the changes of nature .  There are still so many things I want/need to do in the garden before the gardening season is past .  But, I have to acknowledge that I am feeling ready to be finished with the garden until next Spring when I will probably be excited to return to nature's surprises.

I am so grateful and very delighted to have wonderful weather temperatures and blue sky's without smoke.

Hope all of you are Safe and Sound.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Hello, nice to meet you! I'd love to see photos of your home in gold country. I love your black petunias and look forward to seeing more of your garden. Have a happy Autumn! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed by the black petunias. I have not seen them before and they are beautiful. I had mixed luck with petunias this year. The first batch I purchased from the nursery died within 2 weeks-all of them. I was irritated because I have always had good luck with this local nursery and good luck with petunias in general. When I mentioned it to the owner as I was purchasing marigolds and lobelia (both bullet proof for replacement), he graciously offered to give me a refund which paid for the new flowers. How wonderful the smoke has finally cleared in your area. Yummy looking figs! I look forward to seeing what you will do with them!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009