Thursday, August 9, 2018

Is The Whole World Cranky

It sure seems that way.  Or is it just me.  I wouldn't say that I am cranky but I don't exactly feel like I usually do.

It's still hot, TOO HOT !  Even though the outside air was very smoky this morning I spent four hours outside in the garden,  mostly just cleanup and maintenance and of course, watering , always staying in the shade of the many trees.

There is a row of Prunus Carolina shrubs/trees along one of my property lines that have been neglected and looking like they are suffering from lack of care - especially WATER.  Just happened to find this website that really describes what I planted years ago.
 Twenty Prunus Caroliniana trees were planted .
And, my trees are at least 20 feet tall.  During our rare winter snow some of the top limbs have been broken.  But , it still makes a nice privacy screen between neighbors (good or bad neighbors).  At the present , I  have only GOOD neighbors.  I am a lucky gal.

Someday, I may blog about "The Neighbor From Hell" that tormented/stalked me for 10 years.  Yup, he's gone - - - he died!                      How's that for a succinct sentence ?
The White Crape Myrtle is in full bloom.  More blossoms than ever in the past !
The TOMATOES are less than impressive this year, just like last year.  Each of the four plants have tomatoes, but only a few.  And, they show no sign of turning red.
I remember so vividly the beautiful tomatoes that I was able to grow the first few years I lived here when there was more direct sun .  That was when the large canopy trees overhead were much smaller.  There has been over twenty years of tree growth !
 Did you know that yesterday was International Cat Day ?  Do I know what that means - not really.
But, I do know that the Catio is a very favorite place where Ivy likes to hang out.  It seems like the location is always shaded by the trees.  Frequently, there is a soft breeze even when the temperature is HIGH.
This afternoon, Ivy has been a very frisky cat, running about until she tired herself out and then snuck into the cookware box to take a Cat Nap.  When I say frisky - I think she was chasing her tail while in the box because the big box was bouncing all about .  It was the funniest sight !  So, later when I bent down to see if she was in the box I was prepared with camera in hand .

                                Can you see that cute little face? You can click the photo to enlarge.

                               And, then I was able to get a couple more photos of her in her HIDE AWAY !

That's it for today.  Take Special Care.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Cats are so funny sometimes. It makes you wonder what goes on in their little heads. Yes, death is one way to solve a bad neighbor issue (haha). I am worried about all the smoke up your way. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009