Sunday, August 26, 2018

National Dog Day

How could I not acknowledge this special day for one of our most loved fur babies ?
My Precious Lilith Ann
You are missed so Very Much !
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
11-2005 --- 7-2016
Having Afternoon Tea with Mom at Doris Day's Restaurant, Cypress Inn at Carmel by the Sea.  We were celebrating my 70th Birthday on a mini vacation in 2009 .  Just Me and My Dog !
And, this is a very special memory.  I have mentioned that in years past that my tomato bushes grew larger and produced more tomatoes because there was more direct sun .  Well, Lily had her own bush of petite tomatoes and she loved them .  The bush was so large that I had to support it with a trellis that I just happened to have .  Little did I know that my precious Lily would be thrilled because she could now fetch her own tomatoes .  I was so surprised when I saw this the first time !

Remember to HUG your fur babies .  And, if you can, Help With Animal Rescue.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love the story about Lily and the tomatoes. Dogs (and cats) bring so much joy to life.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009