Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Crazy Spinning Life

Do you ever feel like this ?

I am not sure why this seems to be my current state of mind !  But, it is .  I know I have a lot on my plate and I don't seem to be able to check  off very much from  my To Do list .

I have postponed the CAT scan again which was for today.  For some reason, I am not comfortable about going alone to the appointment and I need to find someone to go with me . Unfortunately,  my Family Practice doctor (the only doctor I could find after my favorite doctor left) is on staff at only one hospital in the area.  And, the hospital is one where I have had a couple very bad experiences .  The worst experience was when they RESISTED admitting me and I had to demand admission for what turned out to be an eight day admission with what was thought to be a MRSA  (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) infection that becomes resistant to many of the antibiotics used to treat ordinary staph infections.  Emergency surgery was done on a Sunday night for Wound Incision and Drainage.  Sadly, I was very ill for quite some time !  The delayed proper care added to the severity of the condition .  This was in 2007 .
I know this is a dreadful photo technically however the severity of the situation was also very dreadful.  I could have easily died especially prior to the Incision and Drainage surgery that required a general anesthesia

The current difficulty with working with the doctors associated with this particular hospital in regards to my current abdominal concerns has been troubling enough to give me pause .  And, I must step aside and give more thought to my plan of action .  The fact that I have not had any routine care (or even routine blood chemistry)  for two years in follow-up of my natural aging medical status is making me angry especially given the fact that I pay $351.00 a month in medical/pharmaceutical premiums.  And that does not include dental or vision care !

I will be diligent in finding a doctor at the other hospital that I used prior to the past two years.  I have been calling several medical offices regularly to see if they are taking new patients.  They don't keep a list of people waiting for a doctor.  It is becoming more and more difficult to find good doctors in Rural Areas.

Following the suggestion of a dear blogging friend,  I think it may be beneficial for me to have a little glass of wine .  It's five o'clock somewhere !!!  Right ?

I do not think I will be blogging for a week or two.  I'll be back.

Blessings to all.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Mary-I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers daily. Please don't postpone your CAT scan for too long. I will keep checking back for new posts. Wine does help!!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009