Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I Am Still Waiting

This is an intriguing  portrayal of Moon flowers and the light of the Moon .
I am still waiting for my Moon flowers to bloom .  So far I have successfully grown lovely leaves on long long long stems that are forging their own path on a wire fence . The seeds that I sown germinated quickly .
 Are you familiar with Moon flowers ?

Moon flower plants are related to the Sweet Potato Vine and the Morning Glory , with white or purple trumpet-shaped flowers that unfurl in the evening and stay open until the sun rises . Large heart-shaped leaves are a charming backdrop to the large vibrant flowers .  They bloom on vigorous vines that can reach up to twenty feet . I have been watching my vines rapidly twining around anything they can reach and it took only a couple days and they had reached the top of the fence .  Recently , I read that lack of phosphorus may be an issue if they aren't blooming .

Moon flowers are frequently a favorite plant in a Moon Garden or White Garden with their sweet evening fragrance drifting in the air . If you follow my blog, you know that I have planted a White Garden and continue to enjoy the uniqueness .  The flowers seem to almost glow at night and the textures and varied shades of cool colored plants all play an important aspect of a White Garden . Interestingly , many of the plants are night pollinators .

This is what I will hopefully see before long !
(google image)
These are just some of the flowers that have been thriving in my White Garden .  I think that currently I have about three times this many varieties of  white and cool colored plants .  It's probably time to make another collage !
(Just click image if you wish to enlarge photo)
I hope you enjoyed this little journey with me of some of my plants in my White Garden.

Happy Week to All Of You !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Moonflower seeds and plants in garden catalogues, but have never seen any in real life. They are beautiful. Your white garden must be glorious at night.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009