Sunday, July 12, 2020

Early Morning Baking

- - - Before it gets to hot .  It was time for some Banana Nut Bread .

Those bananas were just perfect !  Interesting how fast they turn once you see the first darkening spot .  I tried a new recipe that uses brown sugar instead of white . Also, has some added plain yogurt .  I had enough bananas to double the recipe . When I first added the flour I didn't have the pouring guard on and you wouldn't want to see a photo of that !  Flour - flour everywhere .  Even on the flour .

The result has just the right amount of sweetness and the texture is very nice .  Certainly a recipe to be repeated .  It will be nice to have some in the freezer .

Buy the way , my Gazpacho Soup turned out great last week .  The coolness of the soup tasted so good during these hot days .  Filled with vegetables and so nourishing .

I'm doing pretty good in the kitchen lately .  I was beginning to think I might be loosing "my touch" with a few not to successful results . Gotta keep my skills up .  You know - use it or you loose it .

It would be nice if you could join me .  I'll serve some ice tea .

More elegant Gladiolus .
Hope you are having a good day .  It would be so nice if the Pandemic numbers would start going down . But , with the opposing attitude regarding protective procedures of so many people is going to make recovery very very difficult !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I'd love a slice of your banana bread! Gazpacho is a wonderful summer dish - we're having a cooler than normal summer and I'm longing for some heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking banana bread. I have a recipe that uses bourbon, just a splash. I made Steve a spice cake a few days ago with the intent of freezing most of it for treats later. He ate the whole thing though.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009