Sunday, July 5, 2020

This Day Will Always Be A Special Day

Yes, July 5th is special because it was the day that I got married 61 years ago !
Oh, the thrill of venturing out into the big world and optimistically envisioning life as an adult and making our own decisions .  There was such a feeling of freedom following a short life time of intense control by parents even though I was living away , supporting myself and finishing my education to become a Registered Nurse . In those days (at least in my particular situation) moving away on your own was not possible unless you were married.

I certainly was ready to be a married woman and I certainly was in love , as I knew love in those days ! I was very happily married and became a mother of two children and enjoyed every single minute of my life .

Unfortunately, at about 10 years of marriage my husband became involved with illegal drugs when pursuing a different career path . Left us and at the age of 47 he died with complications of drug use.

Divorce was traumatic for me . Without elaborating , I survived and have lived a very full life . But, just a different life than I ever expected .
Gratitude.

Mary 

2 comments:

  1. You certainly are a survivor. And you were a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful wedding photo, Mary. Life often takes us in directions we could have never imagined or wanted. I'm glad you've lived a full life after the grief of divorce.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009