Friday, July 3, 2020

Gladiolus Gone Wild - And More

If you look closely you will see about 16 gladiola spikes .  They are going every which direction . Twisted and turning . Facing forward and backward . And falling down .  I think it is accurate to say they aren't planted deep enough .  With the hard rocky clay soil it is so difficult to plant deeply . I remember having difficulty trying to dig through the rock a few years ago .  So I sorted them out and tied them to some posts (that were hard to pound into the soil) so I could enjoy their stately presence !
There are three colors - Lavender , White and this color that looks more orange than the color Deep Pink which it is .  Nonetheless , I like them a lot .

Can you believe this . I am planting gladiolus again today that have been waiting for me for a long time - months !  I kept them wet and each one of them has survived so far . Just haven't had the time and I am on my way soon to buy some more planting mix .
This time I hope they will be planted deep enough . I have been working on digging for a few days .  Little at a time !  I guess I won't know until next year . I'll be planting 15 and they are various colors similar to the ones that are starting to bloom on the other side of the house .
Wish me luck !
I also have a camellia to plant .
It is a deep red and is called Tom Knudsen .
(google image)
It will go nearby the gladiolus with a few other camellias .  It seems like I always have a plant or so sitting around waiting to be planted.  Since I don't usually go out to look for special plants these are usually something I see on sale !
It is going to be another hot day .  And, I have all the ingredients to make soup .  Yes, soup - - - A Cold Gazpacho Soup .
(google image)
To bad, the veggies are not going to be homegrown .  Maybe, next time the tomatoes will be from my garden !

 And, I have a new immersion blender to use for the first time . Love my toys !
(google image)
Wishing all of you a nice and safe day .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love gladiola and yours a beautiful. You rarely see them planted around here. Enjoy your soup!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009