Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Power Washing Is Hard Work

About every three years the cement surfaces of the patio , driveway and sidewalks are so filthy that I can hardly stand to walk on them . It is such a constant reminder that they have to be power washed . The dirt has a way of clinging to the bottom of shoes and easily tracts into the house . I usually take my shoes off before entering the house but the cement also becomes very slippery when wet . I will do everything I can to avoid a fall .  I am about half done with this yucky job !  About an hour and a half is about all I can do at one time . It is looking so much better . Can't wait for it to be finished .
Probably about 8 more hours .  So , it will be a few more days .  And, then I can Hooray !  And , goodbye Power Washer - until next time .
This Daylily has at least 12 buds on it and it just started blooming . It is called Red Magic .
And . some more of my propped up Gladiolus . They still are nice and there are a lot of them .

And , this is Super Purple Daylily and this is the first to open on this scrawny plant . There are about three buds .
I am trying to add panting mix that has a lot of nutrients around all of the Daylilies with hopes that it will help my plants that are working so hard to give me flowers !

Stay safe . Are you following the guidelines ?  I hope you are !  We have to get past this and the only way we are going to do that is if we do our part .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. We are carefully following the guidelines here in paradise. We were able to treat ourselves to a lovely dinner at our favorite restaurant prior to the latest shutdown and going out was such a treat. I agree-power washing is a tougher and more strenuous job than it appears. Stay safe and healthy dear Mary. Pat Miss Ivy for me.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009