Monday, July 13, 2020

Vegetation Grass Fire Nearby

This area has been having a lot of grass fires lately throughout the county . But, yesterday there was a 13 acre fire (that is now contained) near where I do most of my grocery shopping which is about 7 miles from my home . The Fire Department have been doing an excellent job in getting most of the fires contained in a short period of time . Aircraft tankers have been called in early to help with control from our nearby airport which is about 24 miles car travel from here .
This was the view from the roadway I travel to the grocery store , drug store and restaurants in a little strip mall .

The day by day stresses of life at the present time are higher than I can ever remember . However , I am doing well but folks with more complicated lives (families and maybe financial issues) have a lot more stressors . I feel so fortunate .

And , of cause my garden is a tremendous stress reliever for me . For others it might be another stress .  If I had to stay in the house all day THAT would be horrible for me .  Especially , since the house is not in the order I would prefer .  At this stage , I can't do both outdoors and indoors .  Come winter hopefully I will have the motivation and ability to make some progress inside . I am quite sure if I had people coming in , that would give me a whole lot of motivation !!!

All twelve of the Cone-flower six-pack that I planted last year are tall and open .
 And, some have shot up with two flowers. I think of them as being very cheerful !
I know it sounds simple to some of you , but with my soil conditions I am thankful for what I can get . Hopefully , there will be more next year as  I am constantly adding nutrients and good soil to the surface with hope that it will penetrate down to the plant roots .

That's it for this time .  And , let's send energy to all who we know that can use a little boost !

Mary 

1 comment:

  1. Please do not fret about not being able to do all the chores at once. Enjoy the garden time now because the season is short. I agree-there is nothing better than spending time in your own yard enjoying nature. My heart breaks for those who are trying to do the right thing these days to keep everyone, including themselves safe and healthy, but this darn virus just keeps on winning.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009