Thursday, July 9, 2020

How Fast They Grow

From This -

                                                       To This -
And , such softness and a truly gentle soul mixed in with a little sass! This little gal (my great granddaughter) has the most beautiful deposition and seems to have comfort/confidence beyond her years .

And, big brother ( my great grandson) turning seven years old .
And, a year ago trying to teach his sister to read . Such tender love.
And, such a great little boy .

I am so proud of them and Mom and Dad are doing a terrific loving  job of parenting .

Their Mom did not have the option as a child growing up to be parented by her own mother for no fault of her mother . Blessedly , during the past very recent years my granddaughter has had the opportunity to get acquainted with her birth mother via phone and in person .  I think you can appreciate the challenges of this family dynamic ! Today , the little family is leaving by car to visit her mother and her family in a nearby state for the first time.  It will be a short trip and all pandemic precautions will be strictly adhered to . No hugging but meaningful interaction at a distance .  This little trip has been postponed several times and this seems to be the right time . I am so delighted for all concerned and I look forward to the day that I can have some limited involvement and become reacquainted . And , I understand her mother feels likewise . So beautiful that these little ones will get to know this Grandma and her family more and her place in the whole family .

Life certainly can have a lot of twists and turns .  And , it is so important to walk carefully and lovingly .

God Bless All Of Them and may they be safe and blessed in this adventure !

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your great grandchildren are so precious. I hope you will be able to see them soon. Stay safe and healthy dear friend Mary.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009