Saturday, December 12, 2020

Tenacious Color

The garden/yard looks frightful !  It's that time of year .

But , don't say that to the pansies .  Aren't they fabulous ?




Look how nice the Oleander Hedge on the outside of the fence is growing .  It will be nice to have a little more privacy when it is taller . However , it has been nice when all the people that walk by give me a "hello" shout out .
The pansies even weathered through a little snow fall a few weeks ago . Like I say "quite tenacious" .
In all this bleak and drab look at all those bright and shiny faces .  All I have to do to them is to periodically cut off the dead blossoms.  So easy and so nice .  And , the bonus is that I see them from my dining room window !!!
If all goes well , on Monday a worker is coming to clean up all of the leaves so that another worker can come on Wednesday to apply some weed control on the areas that produce dense weeds in the spring time .  Especially on the outside of the fence around the Oleanders and the pathway where people like to walk .  I am fully aware of environmental selective herbicides . The roof will also be cleaned of all the leaves .  The gutters are not an issue because years ago I had Leaf Guard gutters installed . Smart decision and worth every "penny" spent .

Not certain about how much or if any gardening I will be able to do in the future but this will help keep the garden maintained and tidy .

Expecting some (not much) rain which we severely need .  Hopefully it will have cleared before the workers come .

My car is home from The Car Doctor and running nicely . It is sure nice to have the service so close to home .

Have a Good Weekend and Stay Healthy .  The death toll is hard to comprehend as well as the insecurities of food , shelter , medical care and employment .  Help your local food bank if you can . 💚 Praying for better times !

Mary  

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009