Thursday, December 3, 2020

Vintage Salt And Pepper Shakers

It was so fun reading Teresa's blog (bottom of post) yesterday and enjoy with her the recent Vintage Jadeite acquisitions she has made.  In my kitchen cupboard I have Vintage Anchor Hocking rippled glass shakers with tulip lids similar to her Jadeite shakers with the same lids . I have used my shakers continually since 1959 when I married !!! 

This photo is from my blog in 2014 .  See the shakers on the right ? And , they are still in good condition .

I was getting ready to make Tomato and Bean Soup .
I have no idea why I have continually used these shakers through the years . It just may be because it has been easy to remove the lids if I wanted to use a measuring spoon to measure because the opening is nice and large .  And , the shakers are rather large and don't have to be refilled often .

Thanks Teresa for nudging me down memory lane .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I came to visit your blog and was pleased to see your S&P shakers with tulip lids!! Thanks for the link! It is fun to see we share the love of vintage things. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009