Friday, December 18, 2020

What A Good And Busy Week

And , a lot of rescheduling and organizing after all the rain on the weekend and Monday , when the leaf clean-up could not be done . After many phone calls the project of leaf clean up and weed herbicide spray was scheduled and completed .  
Wednesday at 8 AM three workers arrived to work on the clean up .
That's a lot of leaves !
They were excellent workers and very pleasant . It wasn't until the night before that the arrangement was made for their help . One of the workers is the brother of the original worker who was scheduled for Monday . They worked steady for over four hours and even dug out the drainage culvert which I have not been able to do in the recent years . The culvert drainage provides a nice little creek running through my property when the rains are heavy . 
And , the rains came the next day . All day on Wednesday .  Wow , what timing to get all of this done . 
They did a lot of work with pick and shovel an accomplished this in a short period of time !
I took this photo while it was raining , standing on the little bridge .

It was no more than twenty minutes after the workers left , that the Weed Spray truck drove up .  And , now I can look out on my gardens and feel comforted that it is being maintained and not falling into sites of neglect .  And , hopefully Springtime gardening will be easier and not require as much weed pulling and weed whacking.

It is tremendous relief to get this taken care of .  The garden is in order and my car is in good shape .  Things are looking up !
A Festive Wreath on each side of the garage door .

I hope you are getting ready for the Holidays and enjoying it .

Mary

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your gardening crew did a wonderful job. We are ready for Christmas down here. Well, except for the baking of some cookies, pies and coffee cake for Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009