Thursday, December 10, 2020

What Happens If You Don't Drive Your Car Often

Well , you have to buy a new battery more often . 

In the last 10 days I have had to call AAA for battery jump because of a dead battery two times . I felt that it was because I left the lights on or didn't close the trunk lid completely .  Well , I can take away the blame because I have a dead-dead battery that needs to be replaced .

When the car isn't used very often , the battery does not keep a charge especially in the cold weather .  I have an older car (1998 Chrysler Convertible) and it sits outside.
The last time I bought a battery was in 2018 and the time before was 2016 .
I went out to the car this morning just to check the battery so I don't get caught with a dead battery when I have to go somewhere. And , it was a good thing because the battery was dead .  I called AAA to start the car and I took the car to the "Car Doctor" a couple blocks away .

Because of my very painful knees I was not able to walk home as I usually do .  Thankfully ,  my neighbor who lives across the street was able to come and pick me up from the Car Doctor .

As long as the car is there they will do an oil change for me . Also , the windshield cleaner tube from the reservoir needs repair so I can clean the windshield when need be . It will be so nice to get all of this taken care of .  It should be finished in a couple days . Glad I could get it into the shop .  It seems like it is getting so difficult to get these sort of things done since the onset of the pandemic .

It is always something - the computer - the car - the appliances . These things are starting to be more stressful for me .  Perhaps it is because of the constant pain I deal with day to day . In time it will be better !

Hope you are staying well even though the virus serge is horrendous!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree the simple things seem to be more complicated these days. I bet that convertible is wonderful in the summer. We are staying very close to home these days. It just does not make sense to mingle with others during this period of exponential growth in the number of COVID infections.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009