Sunday, July 31, 2022

Hummingbirds And Their Feeders

Hummingbirds are such a delight in my opinion! They are very little, very fast, very curious, very beautiful, very competitive, very feisty and a whole lot of fun!  I recently came across this little info regarding care of a Hummingbird feeder.  And, some of the information is new to me. There may be some information new and/or interesting to you, too.


If you are interested in some detailed information about Hummingbirds this is a very informative website. I guess I can say "everything you ever  wanted to know about Hummingbirds - and more!   https://www.discoverwildlife.com/animal-facts/birds/facts-about-hummingbirds/


And, this is a nice presentation of - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



A few days ago I went to Ace Hardware that has a lovely Garden Center.  And I realized that it was the first time this year that I have been anywhere that sells plants , etc.  That means that I have NOT spent even a penny on my garden this year. And, that is for several reasons. I have not had the energy/stamina to do anything that isn't necessary. Another reason is that I don't have the strength to work with whatever I purchase.

The only activity that I have been able to do in the garden has simply been to maintain it by weeding and pruning what needs it and of course a lot of hand watering and setting and moving a sprinkler.  And, you know what - - - the garden looks quite good.  At the present time, my corner property is bordered with 25 Bright Red Oleander shrubs that are in total bloom.  It is a beautify sight when you approach my corner. I wanted to take a photo but the sun exposure has not been good when I think about it. 

Oh, I found I have a couple photos!  The hedge is about six feet tall and still growing.
In reality the color looks more red.
It is starting to give some nice privacy, which I appreciate.  Especially since I am not particularly well groomed these days! 😎

That's it for today.  Be Happy - Be Healthy.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. We have lots of hummingbirds using our gardens, but I don't put out a feeder. They just feed off the flowers. I enjoy watching them just like you!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009