Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Plant That I Could Not Smell

That's right.  The day I could NOT smell the Gardenias that had just started blooming, I knew something wasn't right. 


But, had no idea what was going on with me.  And, I don't really have any idea to this day!   If you have ever smelled Gardenias you know what I mean!  It's a fragrance that you can not ignore. My plant is loaded with buds and before long the plant will be a shower of white blossoms.  I have always liked Gardenias.  When I was young and growing up our backyard was bordered on one side with gardenias.  I have no idea who planted them.  But, I always enjoyed the yearly fragrance!

I think it was in 2020 about this time of year that I totally lost my sense of Smell.  I do not know why but thankfully my sense of smell has almost returned to normal.  This was happening during the time I was loosing weight.  Otherwise, I felt fine.  In addition to loosing my sense of smell and appetite I have had a change in the quality of my skin. Never had dry and flakey skin prior.  My appetite has returned and I have gained some weight  The important thing for me is that I am feeling OK!  No doctor that I saw had any assistance or direction for me.  I had vaccinations as directed! 

Throughout my life I have had a strong immunity.  I never had any childhood diseases.  Never had the flu and can't remember the last time I had a cold - but it was a long time ago.  I kind of  wonder if my body was fighting off something!  Possibly Covid . 

With the recent serge of another Covid variant I take it very seriously to continue to be aware of precautions .

My sincere concern for all of you who have had life altering events as a result of Covid!

Interesting World we live in.  Blessings and Encouragement to live life to the fullest.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful that your sense of smell has returned, and your overall health is improving. Loss of smell seems to be a very common side effect of this nasty COVID virus. I love gardenias and they grow really well down here.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009