Thursday, July 7, 2022

Water, Water, Water Go Away

I know this is somewhat strange to say when we are having a drought here in California.


But, it looks like the earth is leaking.  This has been increasing for months and now it is time to take care of.  It's a leaking water line that goes from the house to the water meter.  Unfortunately, there was a mistake that was made by a Sprinkler System Installer that cut the line several years ago and repaired it but did not reveal the incident to me.  All was well for a few years before the "earth started leaking ".

When I had it checked out, we learned at that time that the line had already been repaired and then it had to be repaired again.  This is a photo of what it looked like when the last repair was done a few years ago.


Replacing the line was discussed. But, since it would be at my expense because it is on my property and not beyond the water meter I decided to try another repair.

But, now I thought the time may have come that would require a more permanent solution.

OK, now.  It has become very difficult to hire a plumber lately because there has been a lot of new home construction taking place in these Sierra Nevada Foothills. Finally, I found a Drain and Sewer Repair Service.  

Well, two men came out and took a look at the surface water.  I provided this photo for them and when they started digging they were able to determine that the leak was coming from above the other repair location. After they left to buy parts they returned and were able to do the repair.

I am certainly happy that this matter is taken care of, but I was very unhappy with their attitude and behavior.  Showing no regards for my garden plants when digging or throwing the rocks from the border! 

It seems like it is getting a lot more difficult to get service companies that show any real concern for issues at hand.  Now, I have to put the garden "back in order"!

I will receive the invoice in the mail.  And - - - I am so blessed I have the money to pay for it!  That hasn't always been the case.

Hope All is Well for You.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling us that it was becoming so difficult to find tradesman in your small town, so I was happy to read you did find some plumbers who were able to fix the problem with your irrigation. With water becoming so precious it is good to take care of leaks. That is too bad that they left a mess in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009