Tuesday, July 5, 2022

What's This All About


Well, it looks like it is the cupboard above the refrigerator and it hasn't been opened for years - yes years.  What's inside?  Well, I have been trying to clean out the house a little at a time while my physical abilities prevent me from doing a lot of activity like of the past.  And, this is my Dinnerware China service for eight and all the serving pieces that was bought 63 years ago when I got married.

YES, TODAY WOULD BE MY 63rd WEDDING ANNIVERSITY - - - - - if my husband had not been caught up in illegal drugs when he started new employment on night shift and I was working days.  These were the 60's when drugs, sex and rock 'n roll were the culture of the time.  We were going through a rough time regarding his employment. Therefor he was more vulnerable at the time.

Up until that time I couldn't have been happier with my life with a great husband and two very lovable children.  That was for about nine years.  It's rather a sad story and some thing I could never imagined in all my life.  I didn't even know anybody that was divorced! No more specifics other than the damage to all of us has been heartbreaking with a lot of trauma and heartache, especially for the children.  He died at age 47.

My life has been extremely challenging but I have had a full life filled with many wonderful experiences and I am content and  grateful for the life I have had. It's just terribly different than I would have expected.

I have my own home, enough money and I am still able to live at home even with my orthopedic situation. I am blessed.

As you can see, I enjoyed dishes and entertaining starting way back then! But, it is time to get help getting the dishes down and send them on their way for someone else to enjoy.  

I hope you are doing well and enjoying this time of year.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Funny. I've been getting rid of stuff myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life does throw us curveballs. You are a very strong woman and came out all the better on the other side of bad times. Those dishes look lovely. I am sure someone will be pleased to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, Thank you friend for your positive response of my journey. Without therapy, I think I might be roaming the streets wondering who I am.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009