Friday, July 1, 2022

White Dawn Climbing Rose

A couple years ago I bought and installed this trellis for support for my climbing rose - White New Dawn.

(advertisement photo)


A few months ago when it snowed it looked like this covered in it's winter coat.



And, look at it now.  Can you see all the blooming white roses behind the Blue Bottle Tree?  On the right of the rose the fence is covered with blooming Jasmine that covers about 20 feet at the property line and it is in full bloom right now.  It looks lovely and smells nice also!


The Daylilies are starting to bloom and here are a few that have just started to bloom.





I love being out in the garden so very much.  Even though I am always in some level of pain I have been able to do a little work in the garden.  I have been enjoying the hand watering that has to be done.  I am surprised how much I have been able to do! I am not able to do any raking and lifting the refuse into the trash barrels.  But, a little at a time and I have begun to see the results of my efforts. I always have to wear my back brace and my knee braces.  And, of course I always have to use Tylenol on a regular basis.  I have plastic chairs throughout the garden so I can sit down often when my body says stop for a few minutes.  I guess it is true that "When there is a will - there is a way".  It's a day at a time and sometimes it is a minute at a time!

Happy Day.  

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009