Monday, July 18, 2022

Mysteries In The Garden


I was not able to plant anything this year in the raised planter I use for planting vegetables.  However, the weeds found it to be a very desirable spot to go wild.  So, the time came for me to remove them. And, I planned to lay down some cardboard to deter any further weeds.  Like all my activities these day I have to do my tasks in small allotments of time.  A little now and a little then and it gets done.

As I was finishing up and smoothing out the soil a saw something that got my attention in the far corner of the raised planter.

What in the world am I seeing?  As I proceeded to pick it up with my gloved hand it felt and looked like a big chicken egg.  It had some weight to it and felt like something was inside.  I gently returned it to its location and covered it as I found it.  I have never seen anything like it in my garden in the past.

What do you think it is or what is it going to be?  After checking it for a couple days it is still intact and safe.  Is it a lizard or a snake?  Any ideas?  A little strange since I have been writing lately about the lizards in my garden!!!


And, here is a quick photo of the latest new bloom in my garden. 
 

From the White Garden, the Rose of Sharon Hibiscus.  The tall plant is getting limited sunlight because of a very large Fig tree that I have been pruning to give more sunlight thus more blooms.

This morning I have been getting caught up on miscellaneous jobs like refilling the Yellow Jacket Traps with attractant, installed a new outdoor thermometer on the outside window frame so I can easily see the HOT temperature through my dinning room window.  We are having a heat wave and it is currently over 100 degrees.  Also refilled the Humming bird feeder with fresh nectar.

And, of course the daily outdoor watering of the garden!

Have a Great Day and let me know what you think is going to be born in my raised planter.  Of course we may never know if it lives to scamper away!!!

Mary 

1 comment:

  1. Just home from seeing our youngest in Hawaii and I have to ask-has anything happened with the mysterious white "egg"?

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009