Friday, February 26, 2016

Bathroom Remodel - Flashback

Oh, how I wish I had a before remodel photo. Try to imagine a 1970's bathroom with a very small aluminum framed window at the top of the wall behind the bathtub/shower, Formica counter tops, linoleum floor and opaque sliding shower doors, old plumbing fixtures and 5 feet by 10 feet.   - - - - Maybe something like this. Actually, if I didn't know better I would say "yes this is my bathroom."

FROM THIS (1973)
TO
THIS (2008)

The room is enlarged by 2 feet by extending the wall behind the new Jacuzzi Spa bathtub which provides a nice extension to give the room a feeling of greater space and a nice shelf for plants and decor. And the block privacy window brings in very nice natural light.
It was so much fun to watch this room evolve into this lovely relaxing oasis. Especially since I personally did a lot of the work like painting (also ceiling) and installing light fixtures, mirror and towel bars. In addition, I did a lot of the shopping on Ebay. Things like plumbing fixtures, sink with gold trim, lighting fixtures and other accessories. I did not put a shower in this bathroom because there is another remodeled bathroom that has a marble lined walk-in shower.

At another time I will write a post about the en suite bathroom.
The lighting over the bathtub is on a dimmer which provides lovely lighting while enjoying a nice warm bath with circulating water. The light fixtures match the fixture over the sink. The marble tile is the light color you see in the photos near the sink, not the darker color by the window. The baseboards (yes, baseboards) are also marble because we had leftover tile.
This is my favorite room in my little home. Like everything (almost) I do, it was done on a strict small budget. Did you notice - Ebay?

Decorating styles change throughout time but I attempted to remodel in timeless decor.  Not purple like my kitchen!

I hope you enjoy Your Home.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Mary! This looks so cozy and comforting. I have an old 70's bathroom and It just makes me want to move! I love how yours looks! Thanks for sharing this. Gives me a little bit of hope for mine.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bathroom and am eager to see the en suite. I bet it is just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009