Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bright Dispositions In The Home

I am sending A Lot of Sunlit Dispositions to you for this "Sunlit Sunday". Oh, the wonderfulness of a fireplace, be it wood or gas. It doesn't matter. Isn't this photo from google of these precious kitties great?  Just looking at it makes me feel so happy, calm, warm and cozy. And dare I say, makes me want another kitty cat some day.
My last Puttee Cat "Puff" traveled to the Rainbow Bridge in May 2008. She lived a comfortable life for nineteen years and during that time with two different doggies who loved her. Yes, the one thing I really miss is hearing her soothing purr. I recall many years ago (1988) when I got my first baby puppy my mind kept quietly saying why is she not purring? Funny how that works!
Puff was a very lovely and loving cat. She was very good natured and adjusted quickly with two doggies, Pixie (Yorkshire Terrier) and Lily during her lifetime. This photo was taken perhaps around Christmas 2006. By that time Lily had joined us and Puff and she were fast friends. They generally slept near each other if not snuggled together.
I tried to scan and print some old photographs without success of the two of them as well as photographs of my Yorkie, Pixie.
And here we have Lily in front of the fireplace. In time past Puff would be with Lily snuggling together on the bed getting warm. So tender and sweet.

Last, but not least, a picture of baby Lily with her siblings at about six weeks old. And, look at that tail! I call it her happy tail because it is almost always swishing back and forth.
I am joining Karen for "Sunlit Sunday" at My Little Home and Garden today.                        Please join us.
There is a lot of furry LOVE on this post today. 

Don't forget to hug your pets. They are our angels.

Mary

13 comments:

  1. Hello, Mary! Thank you for this lovely, heart-warming post. Such wonderful photos and dear memories. Happy Sunlit Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you to stop by and leave a comment. Good memories are made by living as sweet a life as possible day to day. Focusing on gratitude helps. Your beautiful photography must bring you great satisfaction and comfort for your soul. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary, I have just popped by from Sunlit Sunday and so glad I did. I have a Cavalier King Charles, Tia, who is a rescue after I lost my other King Charlie last year to Syringomyelia. These dogs are so precious and unfortunately have to put up with so many ailments. We also used to have two cats who lived into their 20's, how I miss their company. Tia says hi to Lily :) Have a wonderful Sunday and week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel, Glad to meet you. I love people that love their Cavaliers. My Lily has had a very good life until she developed heart disease one and a half years ago and is on a lot of medication to soften her coughing/gagging symptoms. Otherwise, she acts like a puppy. She has amazed me because I did not expect her to make through 2015. She is such a blessing for me especially with all the losses in my life that I am still dealing with, particularly getting my back pain stabilized and tolerable. Lily says Hi to Tia. Blessings to you for a very happy week.

      Delete
  3. Oh at the puppy love!!! Just precious. I love kittens! Just cant have one. Maybe one day Ill be able to have a puff of fur to cuddle.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa, Thanks for coming by. Kitty cat heartbeat is wonderful to have close-by. Like you say, maybe someday your allergies will be more compatible with furry kitty cats. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos Mary!
    Our animals become family members don't they!
    It's so good to see dogs and cats enjoying each other's company!
    Happy sunlit days to you.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shane, I think dogs and cats enjoying each other is a great metaphor for us two legged creatures. Wishing you a wonderful week. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary, that first photo is so darn cute. Glad you've had some nice furry companions over the years. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puff had a strikingly pretty face. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. The row of tiny kittens in front of the fire is such a cute sight. My husband calls me a cat (in the nicest way) because I love sitting in front of the fire, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Romeo and one of our cats, Ziva, are very good friends and snuggle together often! The thing I like best is when Ziva grooms Romeo, and watching the sheepish look Romeo has, as if to say, "I just can't help it, but I love when she does this!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing all your furry love! It sounds like a cat may be in your future. If your area is anything like mine, there would be plenty needing to be adopted. I know what you mean about enjoying the soothing purr of a kitty.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009