Friday, February 5, 2016

Do You Hear That Buzz

Well, it has started around here. The Big Game - Super Bowl is about to happen. Even though California is not a contestant in the game this year, it's a big highlight for San Francisco and San Jose to be hosting.

All of the TV/Internet coverage about the event brings back so many memories I have from the 20 years that I lived in that part of the state of California. It really is a beautiful area with so many wonderful things to do and see as a tourist. Even with the traffic issues it is well worth the effort. San Francisco is a fabulous city to play in! I was fortunate to spend quite a lot of time in the City at the lovely historic hotel dining rooms and "Night Spots". The lounges were usually on the top floor of the tall hotel buildings. Watching the fog roll in over the City or Bridge was a lovely sight. Live theater was always enjoyable. The whole area has so many pleasures to enjoy. There was a time when I thought I would like to live there. That was many years ago when it was a lot safer. I guess that applies to everywhere we go these days.

San Jose was the area where my children and I lived during a lot of their childhood. When my daughter became 19 years old we went into the city and I gave her a Spa Day at Elizabeth Arden Beauty Salon (facial, perm, massage, pedi/manicure and of course lots of pampering) as her gift. At that time, that was "a big deal". Of course, now the spa experience is  a lot easier to arrange.

In addition to "playing in the City", during the late 80's, my work as a Disability Medical Case Manager RN took me to the City for Medical Conferences at various hospitals and medical offices which helped with coordination of the health care and benefits for the disabled patients/clients.

Well, I could go on and on but I won't. It always amazes me with the words/topics that jump onto the computer screen when I start to write a post. Especially if I don't have a lot swirling around in my head about the topic I start with. Does that ever happen to you?

While I have been writing this I have been watching the TV special of the past years Super Bowl Half-Time Ceremonies. At this moment Bruce Springsteen is performing. Talk about memories!

Oh, and the weather for the Game is suppose to be in the 70's. I heard that it is the best weather for the weekend since Thanksgiving. How wonderful!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009