Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bright White

On a little stroll in the garden while looking for something of interest for "Sunlit Sunday" I came upon the first flowers to bloom in my little country garden in the Sierra Mountains of California. 
The Bright White of these Narcissus flowers jumped out from among the mulch, rocks and bleak landscape of the waning winter days. To me, they were a symbol of a fresh start with the purity of new born life. As the days of my life roll along it is becoming more apparent to me that my time "working in the garden" is precious and must be enjoyed to the fullest while my endurance and ability permits.

My garden is so enjoyable for me and has been a top priority for a couple reasons. My body/mind craves the sunlight especially since my home is quite dark inside even though I have had four ceiling tube skylights for several years. The trees around my little home have grown tremendously tall which blocks some of the sun and of course they produce a whole lot more leaves and pine needles to clean up most of the year. And, most noteworthy is my love of nature and the beauty it provides us especially if we pay attention.

We had a lovely sunny day in the 60's. I was able to spend about one hour in the garden, raking.

I hope this brings a little light into your life along with all the other contributors to Sunlit Sunday.

Sunny days to all of you, if not now, soon.

Mary

10 comments:

  1. The patch of narcissi is very lovely and light-filled. Getting out into the garden is a real treat. It rained all weekend so I didn't get out there at all.
    By the way, the link that shows up on this week's Sunlit Sunday link up is last week's post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing some flowers today. It reminds me that spring will be here soon. Its 25 degrees here in North Carolina now and suppose to be in the 70's next weekend. Crazy weather.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful that bright white patch is in the sunbeam! Sometimes all it takes is one little burst like that to bring one back to focus. I can imagine that gardening, as long as one can manage, brings a lot of joy and a great sense of accomplishment - those are the things I hope for.
    Wishing you a very good week in your foothills home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers that are definitely a sign that spring is coming! I believe in sunlight. There is something so very magical about being in the full sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As my grandma would say: 'Your lips to God's ears' for the sunny days! I am so tired of snow and cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dreaming of those nice warm days right about now. Your flower photos are beautiful! I have my faux narcissus from Pottery Barn on my end table to bring a little green into our home. Enjoy your gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely picture of your flowers! I,too, crave sunshine and being in my yard! Won't be long til Spring, and I can't wait! Currently we're buried in about 2' of snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The simple elegance of flowers like your Narcissus just takes my breath away!
    I'm in my 7th decade too Mary so I can relate to your words of enjoying these times in the garden - it has certainly got harder for me in the last six months.
    However if I spend a little time each day I'm can keep on top of it and it is one of the greatest pleasures in my life!
    I've added your blog link to my list as I see we have things in common!
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sight your flowers are in the garden, Mary. Such delights are several months away for me, except for a few blooming snowdrops as the snow melts away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for stopping in. We don't have snow but it is going to be awhile before I see very much color in my garden. But, at least it is on its way. Thanks for sponsoring Sunlit Sunday. I am enjoy. Blessings.

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009