Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Kitty Cat With An Opinion

Yes , Miss Ivy has spoken out about her displeasure with me for changing where I sit in the morning when I take a look at my computer to check in with the world via the Internet .  Much to my surprise she registered her annoyance by fervently scratching on the upholstered chair that sits beside a small desk that I wanted to use when computering .  Yes , that is a real word !  I have always thought that "words are fun" .  Call me crazy - it won't be the first .

Back to Ivy's behavior .  Her yowling and scratching convinced me to move back to the sofa so she can sit beside me and fall asleep or jump easily to her Cat Tower when she desires .  What a spoiled cat !  I love her new trust and independence but this is "a little much" .

I must convince her that she is not Royalty but I don't think she will pay me any mind when she sees that I have ordered a new Cat Tower for her because she has torn up (from scratching) the covering of the current Tower .  Scratching on the Tower is good because that is what I want instead of using the furniture or carpet flooring .  The old Tower is 53 inches tall .  The new Tower is taller at 69 inches inches .  Sitting up that high just might make her think "She Is A Queen" .
When I bought the old Tower I did not know the importance of ordering one with carpet covering .  The old one has a lightweight cotton covering that does not hold up to purposeful scratching !

Just this morning Ivy was running around , in and out of rooms , ending by jumping on her current Cat Tower and it shifted from side to side as if it was going to end up horizontally on the floor ! But , it didn't .  I hope the new tower is waited at the bottom .  If not , I may have to pile a stack of heavy books on the base ! 😄
I'll let you know if I think Ivy needs an attitude adjustment when she sits atop of her new Cat Tower and thinking it is a Castle for the privileged and beckoning her staff to pet her luxurious fluff !!!

Motherhood can be so challenging !!!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. My husband Sr P always said when our cat was with us. That we didn't own him he owned us and our home wasn't ours it was his!! I love cats but they certainly have regal personalities!! Miss Ivy is rather adorable though ,isn't she!! keep well Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But-cats ARE royalty!!! Just ask them (haha). I bet sweet Miss Ivy will love spending time on her new tower. Hopefully she will not bat your head as you pass by. When I was a girl we had a cat, Lulu, who would sit on top of the refrigerator (nice and warm) and smack your head when you walked by.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009