Thursday, November 5, 2020

Lovely Color Change

In this part of the country we are gently transitioning into the next season .  The colors are slowly changing on many plants .  I find it so enjoyable to watch the changes that are so unique to this time of the year .  I don't think the other seasonal changes at other times of the year are quite as spectacular . Even though Spring Time is very dynamic .

This Magnolia Stellata "Royal Star" is very close to the brillant Euonymus Alatus "Burning Bush" and presents a beautiful contrast of colors .


Oh , how I love my Pansies and they sure like the cooler weather .  Even though today is a bright high 70 degree day . 
The loveliness of the the Gerber Daisies and Zinnias continue .

And, the stunning White Chrysanthemums have joined the party !
Do you have Squirrels in your gardens ? We have them year round and I enjoy their chatter and acrobatic antics .  But , I do not like it when they dig up my recently planted bulbs - - - - - even when I have tried to protect my precious tulips and daffodils with netting.  Of all the nerve of them ! No , No , No !
I have not been able to get a nice photo of these little visitors as they move so fast !
(google image)
They don't only go after my bulbs .  They have been busy digging holes all over the garden .  Which is OK with me .  Sometimes hiding walnuts they have found and acorns that are all over the garden .  They also have dug out a total of 4 of my pansy plants that didn't recover .   Don't warn them - but - I sprinkled a little something that sometimes deters them !!!
Is has been a beautiful day and I have spent a lot of time outside puttering in the garden .  I had a little better night getting some sleep .  Using the Hemp Balm regularly on my right knee. Seems to help . Still listening to my soothing music for most of the time .  Good for my psyche and physical discomfort .  Not living in a vacuum , still know what's going on in the world .

Take Care ,  Keep the faith in what you believe !

Mary

4 comments:

  1. I love this time of the year, but hate the winter after the holidays. In the fall the colors of the trees and shrubs are so pretty and the air has a wonderful clean scent. I love the leaves after they have been mowed over, they smell so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season remembering the lovely changing colors growing up in a Great Lakes state. Pansies prompt loving memories of those years when I first became aware of the flower at my Aunt's house where they lined their long driveway. Squirrels used to seem cute to me until they destroyed all my bird feeders and more recently chewed through wiring severing my connection to the Internet. Glad you have some relief for your knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you to stop by and leave me a "shout out". I always enjoy your prospective on topics . Yes, I know what you mean about squirrels and cable lines. I too, years ago had cables chewed by little critters doing what they do! It's nice reading another California blogger. Blessings

      Delete
  3. I am pleased to read you are having some relief from the knee pain. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of your lovely gardens. Your plants are stunning. I love pansies and am busy replacing marigolds and zinnias with them. We have ground squirrels down here and they are cute, but very destructive to the landscape. Getting any snow this weekend?

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009