Sunday, November 15, 2020

So Thankful

First - - -  a quick Blogger update .  The complaints that are the same as mine on Blogger Community started 4 days ago and there are 34 recorded . I did not report my problem and I am certain that many others did as I did and just gathered the information . I agree with the sentiment of a blogger who posted "makes me seriously weary about using Blogger at all ."  Think of all the useless hours spent by Bloggers trying to find a solution and all the data that has been lost ! We are all waiting for the solution !  Importantly. I want to Thank You for your comments of encouragement .

Second - - - on with Real Life .  It has been so wonderful to have some (yes , some and that is good) relief from the horrible pain in my knees , especially the right knee !!! 

When I attended Physical Therapy last week for evaluation and treatment plan, I truly wondered how I could accomplish the goals that were established . Primarily because the instructions were for me to stop if the activity caused pain which essentially meant that I could not do much of anything .  I was still dealing with a lot of pain with the activities of daily living even though I was getting better sleep at night time .

I left the appointment concerned but determined to find direction .  First off - what was I going to do about the severe pain when no one was going to prescribe any type of real pain medication !  So , at that point I started to focus more on the use of the Hemp Balm that I had been using periodically but not regularly .

So , I started using the Balm on my right knee to my ankle every morning and every evening without fail .  And , I am thrilled to say that I am feeling remarkably better .  It really feels quite surprising after so many days of unrelenting discomfort . 

I did a little more research on what Hemp is and the use of Hemp .  There are many plant strains of Cannabis Hybrid . The two which you hear the most about are Hemp and Marijuana .  The Hemp plant and the Medical Cannabis plant are different varieties of the same plant species , Cannabis Sativa . 

By definition , Hemp contains no more that .3% THC - the psychoactive compound that is found in higher concentration in Marijuana .  By contrast , Hemp naturally has higher levels of CBD - the compound , which is known for helping human bodies maintain health and overall wellness .

I ordered more Hemp Balm on the Internet from Charlotte's Web Stanley Brothers and it has already arrived .

I have made an important decision regarding my scheduled knee surgery .  I am postponing the surgery date from December 1 to some time after the first of the year .  Too many things going on in the world , specifically the COVID 19 virus and increasing numbers in my region . Just being in the hospital frightens me plus patients have to wear a mask !!!  Having to wear a mask going to the Post Office is bad enough for me !

This is an elective surgery and I think I can manage the pain if I "do not over do it" .  And , it will give me more time to do some home Physical Therapy .  I also have to see the dentist for a release stating "no infection of teeth (equivalent of bone)" that is required prior to surgery .  Getting an appointment is delayed because of the months of office shut-down with the virus .  And , I have to work more on my support system for after returning home from the hospital .  And , who wants to be fresh out of the hospital during the holidays if it can be avoided .  Whatever I can do to maintain my psyche stability , I will do !

Taking the journey Day by Day .

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about blogger and hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I have never heard of that salve. I might give it a try. I was suppose to go have some gel injections for my pain, but I am too scared to have it done right now. It has worked in the past, but it takes two weeks to get approval and that means right around Thanksgiving and I don't want to get in done when they are warning people to have small gatherings. I live in a state where most people think this is not serious. I hope things work out for you to have the surgery next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial regarding hemp balm. I have seen it for sale at the local farmer's markets along with CBD. It sounds smart to postpone the surgery until after the holidays. Take care dear friend Mary.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009