Sunday, November 8, 2020

Snow Flakes Are Close

Snow was falling this morning before sunrise very close to where I live . Just 500 foot elevation above my elevation of 2000 foot elevation . And , I was surprised that it is that close .  We had rain sprinkles here and enough wind to blow lots of leaves up to my front door .  The air is crisp at 43 degrees and it feels like WINTER .  But , not to cold for me to go out and leaf blow lots of acorns and leaves away from the front door .  It felt good to get out of the house even if it was for a very short time !

I had a good night's sleep with Ivy snuggled as close to me as she could get . Even though the house feels nice and cozy .  

OH , my gosh , I just looked up from the computer and IT IS SNOWING !!!  It looks quite heavy and I am so surprised .  I guess I won't be going to the grocery store like I planned .

I went to the front door and this is what I saw .  Snow on the umbrella !  The patio is quite sheltered with all the large trees hovering over the patio .
Went to the other door through the garage and this is the scene . Amazing !  And , what a blessing as we need the moisture so badly to nourish our parched soil .
How funny - my garden gloves sitting at the top of the big rock .  I guess I wasn't finished with my project .  If you can't see it - - - the words on my Peace Poll  says MAY The Moon Softly Restore You By NIGHT .  And , the other side says MAY The Sun Bring You Peace By DAY .  I chose that poll because my White (Moon) Garden is very nearby !

OH , HAPPY DAY !

Mary

2 comments:

  1. We had some rain finally, much needed in the lower foothills where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had almost one inch of much needed rain down here. I think winter may have come to California.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009