Friday, August 21, 2015

OH, NO! Not Again

OH, YES, Again!

Two days ago at bedtime I thought I was hearing what sounded like maybe an outside faucet running. With the drought I am super careful with the water. So, I went outside and checked the faucet handles and everything was as it should be. In the morning I found the problem. YES AGAIN! Another break near the last repair. My plumber I used last time was working out of town this week and next week. So, I called another plumber who a friend recommended. He is outside working as I write this. Also, the water company has been out a few times in the last months because the valve at the meter is so old that they are afraid it will break. They maybe will replace it today.
The water was running down a slope and into another flower bed. A lot more water (larger leak) leaking from the water line this time. I hope the water bill won't be shocking!
On a more pleasant note. My succulents are doing well with my little birdies.
Now, I have to leave you with a picture that I really adore. These little cousins are so darn cute. That is Carter, my Great Grandson who found a way to open the door knob, And, I love the pose of his little cousin! The more I look at it, the more I smile!

OK, Now. As nice as it is to be buying a house, sometimes it seems like a sponge that soaks up more and more $$$.

I do hope you are having a happy day. The plumber has left and I now have running water in the house again.

Mary  

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry that happened again! That is not fun at all. Your great grandson is a pretty smart cookie and love that photo.My hubby and I are just buying a little house after 5 years of renting.. and I'm afraid of those types of repairs that nickel and dime you to death (and sometimes more than a dime!). Take care.. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you are buying a house. It will all work out. Just relax and enjoy it. Thanks for your comments on the "little kids". They are so precious! Mary

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009