Thursday, August 13, 2015

Snippets

I haven't had much time to put some "thoughts down on paper" (archaic phrase - how funny) but hope I can soon. In the meantime I thought I could share with you a mosaic of some recent photos.


Tried to have brunch with friends at Market 49 and this was on the door.

Only in a small country town would you see a sign on a door like this about being closed because of "feral cats". I love living in the country!

Do you see the photo of the figs? The tree is loaded with figs. I stopped counting after I got to sixty! Which is great because I love figs. Maybe there will be enough to make some jam or chutney. Yum-yum!

I have been crocheting Mandalas and it is a lot of fun. It's a great project to spark your creativity with color combinations and pattern stitches.

The healthy yummy salad was my dinner last night.

The kitchen picture is there because it is nice and clean right now and it isn't always like that.

And the rose is Granada a Hybrid Tea which I have been nurturing along. It has a few open blooms right now and that makes me happy. It's a lovely rose with swirls of gold, peach, pink, and red with a strong fragrance.

And, I have Basil growing but I do not think there is enough to make basil pesto.

Well, that post turned out pretty good. I had to hold my breath for awhile because in the middle of writing it the computer decided to shut down and I was fearful that I had lost my post. But, with great relief it was all there when I carefully retrieved my place on the post. I guess my guardian angel was present.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way. Last week I was preparing a long post that was difficult to write because it was about a different time in my life that was not as joyous as now. I lost the whole thing and it made me very frustrated. I have not yet tried to rewrite it. Someday!

I hope you enjoyed my snippets!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your snippets. That mandala crochet piece is so pretty. I love to crochet and will have to try one. I have two coloring books with all mandalas. Like you said, only in a small town can a business close its door due to funny little problems. I lived in a town where everything shut down for a parade, or for hunting season or for the wheat harvest! such fun. Looking forward to your next daily adventure! Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009