Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Am Having So Much Fun

It's almost noon and I am still in my nightgown! But, who cares. I think I may be involved in an addiction! ! ! Look at these beautiful colors in these mandalas. It is so much fun selecting the color combinations. Some look better than others. It's "in the eye of the beholder". I think we all have favorite colors.



 What do you think? Aren't they grand? For the past few weeks crocheting has been consuming my time. I am loving making these mandalas. I have already given two mandalas as gifts. I enjoy giving "Just Because" little gifts, I guess it is like little "Random Acts Of Kindness". None of these mandalas are finished. Weaving in ends and blocking will make them look real nice.

Next time I will share the story behind mandalas, in case you haven't learned.

This post has been put together faster than any in the past. I picked up my camera and shot a photo of what I was crocheting while I was sitting in the middle of yummy colors,    Just had to share my current "pure enjoyment". Retirement is great. Less guilt!

Have fun today and take time for yourself.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love those mandalas! I especially love the patterns in the two middle ones, the pinks and purples. A few years ago, I got "into" mandalas as they're supposed to be therapeutic and have a real history of why people drew them in years gone by. I LOVE crocheting and I agree, it is very addictive. I have one pattern that I've used for years for a table mat and once I get started on them, I can't stop! I've been thinking lately it's time to begin again. Every one of my family members has gotten several, so now I need to figure out who I can give them to. Where do you get those patterns? I would love those two middle ones (pinks and purples). They are all so lovely. I hope you get these comments! also... I agree.. retirement is great for indulging in our addictions guilt-free... though sometimes I feel guilty when I've spent a day not "accomplishing" something constructive which was ingrained in me over the years when I was younger. Always had to DO something worthwhile or constructive. After 5 years of retirement, I think I'm (maybe) beginning to be able to indulge a full day to just doing what I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely SO beautiful! I love them! Did you get the patterns from a book or internet??? would love to have a link to your patterns. I did look on Craftsy but my computer is giving me problems and wouldn't "let" me (as if it controls me or something...) click on any of the patterns.. or wouldn't "let" me search for them! gr.r.r.r. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My patterns are from googling "free mandala crochet patterns". There are loads to choose from. Some very talented woman willing to share! It's really wonderful. Find a pattern and have fun. If I have a pattern that you can't find, I'll do my best to help you. Oh, your comment about feeling guilt - do I ever relate! A certain kind of childhood will do it!! Mary

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009