Sunday, March 18, 2018

Good Morning Sunshine And St. Patrick"s Day

Oh, how I love thee!
We are having a beautiful morning following another night of rain.  Our little town has been blessed with nature giving us a sunny day yesterday as this little Historic Gold Rush town celebrated Saint Patrick's Day with the annual celebratory event of a Parade, Craft Fair, lots of Food Vendors and fine Music.  In spite of the chill in the air that started the day in the low 40's, people bundled up and attended the activities.  Since I live very close to main street where the activities took place, I saw many people passing by in their bulky coats, gloves and scarves.  This event is generally a highly attended event and I think that can be said of this years event.  The visitor's cars were lining the nearby streets as well as mine.
 Considering that we had heavy rain and some light snow on Friday the day prior to our St. Patrick's Day Celebration, the Sunshine was certainly a Blessing.
Very large Shamrocks are painted on the street at about 3 intersections.  And, if you were to turn right at this corner - you could visit me!

Through the years, I have attended the celebration and always had a grand time.  The Corned Beef Sandwiches were great and the beer was too.

I may be a day late, but today I am going to cook my Corned Beef.  I love making Reuben Sandwiches with some of the leftovers.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Note - Sweet Ivy is doing well and does a lot of exploring of the house along with all the window sills.  I have ordered a few things to make her life more enjoyable.  I look forward to when her  52 inch cat tree with scratching post arrives.  It will work well in front of the living room window.

Have a Great Day.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Haha-better late than never for a comment! Yes, your town does do up St. Patrick's Day in style. Did you notice lots of motorcycles? I remember lots of them when Steve and I visited. Love me a good Reuben sandwich! The best one I ever had was in Virginia City. I hope you are not getting any of the early spring snow your way! Take care dear friend Mary and give Ivy a pat for me.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009