Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I Have A Story To Tell

I have been very reticent to share a recent experience .  But, here goes .  After the Orthopedic Consultation a month ago I laid out my treatment plan as I talked about in my post Tidbits on February 16.  It was about the second or third day of taking tiny amounts of narcotic medication when I was walking down the hallway of my house and started feeling different than I ever have in the past.  I did not pass out.  I did not fall down.  But, I do remember taking some deep breaths to stimulate oxygenation.  This strange and different feeling did not last long and I think I returned to whatever activity I was engaged in.  It took about a day for me to realize that I no longer had leg pain that had been constant since October 2017 . The pain was always strong in my left hip and traveled all the way down my leg to my ankle .  I would describe the pain as burning, strong and continual day and night.  The heating pad had been of no benefit during the many times I would lie on the sofa in an effort to minimize the severe pain.  The lumbar pain remains the same and is tolerable and very rarely do I take pain medication .

Since the incident in the hallway,  I have been 100% free of pain in my left leg and no longer take pain medication for leg pain.  I have no knowledge of what may have occurred to free me of all left leg pain .  It is the type of incident that some may say "IT IS A MIRACLE".  I can't say "yay or nay".  But, I will say that I am tremendously grateful and continually feel that I am in a state of astonishment .
To me, it feels like my Book of Life has a new chapter title page.  Not sure what it is titled but it is one that encompasses unexpected events that bring joy and freedom to my day-to-day human existence.  Since the beginning of this year, 2018, I have experienced  at least four dynamics that have profound possibility of changing the quality and stress level of my life.  I am walking gently through this labyrinth of straight paths and secret chambers.  I, already feel the rough edges and curling pages of this new chapter of my life.  The roughness is not from feeling tattered and torn but rather from revisiting the pages of beautiful unexpected joy.

After many years of gently paying attention to positive affirmations and the interconnection of Mind, Body and Spirit, I am finding this new chapter very comforting.  It was in the 70's when I first started looking at life through many lenses - - -  reading books, listening to speakers, attending conferences, Thought Exploring in small groups and opening up myself to a myriad of new ways to experience and live a healthy life and never forget how to enjoy and live in the moment to the fullest.  Living in the moment really takes constant effort on my part.  It is so easy to do otherwise.
"Mind, Body, Spirit means that our well-being comes from not just physical health, but from mental health and spiritual health as well.  To be "healthy" we must pay attention to all three aspects of our nature - - - Mind, Body and Spirit."         IT IS A JOURNEY!

NOTE - I changed the date of my road trip to this coming Sunday.

Wishing Everything That Is Good to come Your Way.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear friend Mary-what a beautifully written entry. The experience which left you pain free made me catch my breath. I truly believe that there are forces in nature which we mere mortals can never understand but if we are open and trusting these forces can do wondrous things. And this comes from an over-educated "scientist"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly with all my heart believe in miracles, Mary, and I can say that God surely did bless you with one on that day. How joyful you must be! Safe travels when picking up your kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kimberly, I have definitely been blessed with a miracle as I have always thought it would feel like. Something profoundly wonderful that I can not explain. Can you imagine all that automobile driving and not a single feeling of leg pain. My joy and gratitude is bursting from the rooftops!

      Delete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009