Saturday, March 24, 2018

What Is On Your Kitchen Counter Today

Did you get a look at my vintage salt and pepper shakers on the left side that I have used since the 1950's!  They have a nice wide opening that helps when refilling with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.  Some things just kind of stick around!!!
 How about Guinness Beer Chuck Roast    This recipe is similar.
Look at all those interesting flavors that will be blended together for a braising sauce. 
 A nice sprinkling of salt and pepper and a good cover of flour makes a good coating for browning.
Oh, what a terrible time I am having with trying to get some decent photos with the poor lighting on this overcast day.
And then into the oven for braising until it is tender and yummy .    I think I will have it with some wide egg noodles .  The braising liquid should make a great gravy ! The kitchen smells so good on this rainy day.  Yes, the rain just started again for what is predicted to be the beginning of another storm front.

Wishing All of You a Very Good Weekend.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009