Sunday, March 25, 2018

Very Difficult Task

Yes, photographing a shy cat is not easy to do .
 These photos were taken from across the room !
Ivy has been with me for two weeks and I think we are making progress .  No, I know we are making progress !  I look forward to taking her to the Vet .  I plan to wait another two weeks with hopes that she will be less fearful and I will be able to trim her toenails before we go .  I have started to pick her up and just quietly talk to her while I hold her .  I don't think she wants to hurt me because she doesn't  always show her claws .  Mostly, she just bats at me .  Every day when I clean her eyes  there is no resistance from her .  She has a history of some eye drainage which may be caused by stress .  And, I can pet her and brush her with no problem when she is in the comfort of her chair .

She strolls around the house freely .   And, I have found evidence that she is up and down and about during the night.  There is an Aloe plant that she has "paid special attention to"  that perhaps I should move to a more challenging location.  It would be nice if I knew what is going on in her head and what her life was like the six years before going into the cat rescue !

My life has been filled with challenges but I never thought I would be going out to find one . Maybe, Ivy has met her match not realizing my history of tenaciousness .  Just kidding .  Every time I pick up my "cat books" to read I learn more about how to help Ivy.  I really hope I can give Ivy a home that she will be happy in and not a recluse .  That sure would make me very happy .

Happy Sunday .

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary. As "momma" to three rescue cats and a pit bull, all living happily together, I have to say I really enjoy your postings and pictures of Ivy. She's a beauty. Just thought I'd mention that your aloe plant, the one that Ivy has taken an interest in, is toxic to cats, as per the ASPCA site. It's best to make sure that sweetie doesn't take a bite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much for your visit and information. I am taking the position that all plants are to be avoided even if it means keeping them in a closed room and at a "not jumpable height". It would be horrible to have anything happen to Ivy or any animal. Thanks again. Mary

      Delete
    2. You are so very welcome! It's so very clear how much you love sweet Ivy; she's a very lucky girl!!!!

      Delete
  2. Ivy has the sweetest little face! I think she will be very happy with you once she feels secure.

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009