Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Corned Beef

I was  able to make my Corned Beef and it was very good. And, a couple Reuben Sandwiches were made today.

I did not take photos, I guess because I was feeling lazy.  However, I am posting some photos of when I made them in the past for My Special Man in about 2013.  They were outstanding then and also today!
 Got to have Thousand Island Dressing.
 And Cheese
A Panini Maker/Grill sure makes a pretty sandwich.

It was so nice when I had him to cook for.  I sure miss him and the motivation it gave me to be "in the kitchen".

A Couple Updates -

My High School friend in New York is improving following her foot removal surgery.  She has been in a Rehab Hospital for a couple weeks receiving Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy and will be there for at least another month. I try to talk with her by phone most evenings. And, she is very grateful because it breaks the monotony.

My heart and prayers goes out to all who are living through the Forth Nor,Easter. Be safe and stay in and warm.

Ivy is showing adjustment progress each and every day.  I have received a couple books that are very helpful.  Additionally, her Kitty Condo Tree arrived yesterday and she has spent some time checking it out and slept in it for a little time.  It is 52 inches tall and she hasn't traveled to the top as of yet. Rewarding her with kitty treats is a big help in training and allaying any fear or anxiety .  Photos will be coming soon.

I am so ready for Spring Weather.

Take Care.
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mary! I have read your recent posts and was so happy to catch up with all your goings on and thoughts. Gosh, your corned beef sandwiches look absolutely delicious!! I love any melted cheese type of sandwich, and I really love corned beef as well! Going back a couple of posts, I think your headstone idea sounds just as lovely as you're hoping to achieve. I'm very happy that you're able to move forward on the project. While it isn't something pleasant to have to think about and do, you are moving beyond that discomfort and taking care of what you know you need to do for yourself. I admire you for that. I'm super happy to hear that Ivy is progressing so nicely in getting used to companionship and a new home. I like those cat trees! We've had 2 cats that just adore going up to the top and lounging while keeping an eye on everything going on out the window. I know what you mean about having your special man around to cook for and having a reason to get into the kitchen. I've been slacking of late with spontaneous baking and feeling happy about getting into the kitchen myself, and I DO have my husband and son to cook for. Some days it's just putting one foot in front of the other.... Lol. For some reason, because the layout of this house separates me from the living room, I don't feel as motivated to be in the kitchen as when the kitchen is kind of opened to the rest of the living area. We are really hoping to move by the fall, or the very latest next spring, and get into a home that we finally own and is set up just the way we want! I hope you're safe from all the rain and mudslides I've heard about on the news.... We did not get anything from this last Nor'easter, but I know many people south of us did and I sure do feel for them. Seems like winter will never end. Hugs to you and Ivy, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of the Reuben. Please send one this way!!

    ReplyDelete

.

White Garden 2009

White Garden 2009
IN MY GARDEN there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The Thoughts grow as freely as the flowers and the dreams are as beautiful. - Abram Urban

Iris Flowers 2009

Iris Flowers  2009
In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there. To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep and the hopes I breathe. I know they are there to eavesdrop for the angels. ~Dodinsky

Pink Flowers 2009

Pink Flowers  2009

Yellow Flowers 2009

Yellow Flowers  2009